Sunday, November 7, 2010

Winter.... Bring it. (Update included...)

I found myself in Home Depot. I was really just along for the ride. I really had nothing to look for, but I started looking at the huge snow blowers they have. I must say they got me excited for winter to roll in. I love winter. I got excited for that first snow fall, sitting quietly watching it fall. Waking up the next morning to a white lawn. I love it! I am pumped for heading out before the streets are plowed and throw the Jeep into 4 wheel drive and going for a rip, it brings me joy.
I feel like a child... Good times.

Moving on....
It has been a while since I last wrote anything. Probably disappointing for many people. I am sure people look forward to reading through my dry, poorly written posts.
BUT, I will still give a short update for all y'alls.
However, not much is worth updating.
I guess I will say, that lately I have been struggling with much. I have many questions in my head. Questions like "where is God calling me now?", "What am I called to do with my life?", "How can I better serve God?" and "What is the next step I need to take?"
Those are just a few examples.
I cannot answer any of those questions at this time. Which, at times, drives me crazy.
However, I believe that I may have an idea as to how to respond to one of those questions.
"What is the next step I need to take?"
For a long time I have struggled with the idea of baptism. For a few years I have thought I should go for it but it never felt "right". However, as of late it feels like the right step for me to take. I am pretty excited to take the plunge, so to speak. I believe it will help spark change in my mind and in my heart.
I love baptisms. Watching others show their love for Christ in that way really gets to me, so I am excited to finally be taking that step.

That is all I can think of for now.
Shine on all y'alls.

1 comment:

David Rae said...

Baptism is always a good idea and as for what to do next, I think a good way to go is just do something. Anything. Something that you might like. Something that will challenge you. It's definitely one of those things you have to take time out and really weigh options. If you don't take some specific time out to do that, time can slip away on you. Also I was crying because you haven't posted anything.