Monday, August 22, 2011

I Will Change

Wow! It feels like it has been a long, long time since I have written... or even thought of writing.
It also feels like I always start posts with that same statement. But it is a good start when you really don't know what to say. I thought about this old blog for some reason today at work so I decided to go back a read a few of my posts that I wrote. I read what I was thinking back in school when I thought I was a "good Christian". I read a couple posts from when I did not censor what I wrote. I read some posts from when I clearly was writing for the sake of it. they were dry and I did not finish them...
I have changed a lot since I first started writing. Many of my core beliefs are the same. Some of my other beliefs and views have changed pretty substantially. I have changed as a person too. I have matured in some areas and in others I feel like I have taken a large step backwards.
As I looked back to the person I used to be and the person I am now I noticed that I (in some ways) wish I was a little more like I once was. I don't feel like I am moving forward in my faith like I once was. I feel like I am at a stand still these days. I think I have moved along in my faith since I started writing, but I feel as if I have stopped, or at least slowed down. Not that moving at a slower pace is a bad thing. Not that I am aware of any way.
I look at the person I am today and I mostly find flaws. I feel like there is a lot of stuff I should work on. I hope to tackle some of these things. I hope to continue on in growing as a person and as a follower of Christ. I can not say I am motivated or excited to taking on the challenge of growth. I am not one for challenging myself lately but I know I have to motivate myself if I want to see progress. So I am saying the I will change. I will grow as a person and a Christian.

I will call this blog right here. The more I think about it the less I want to post this.
And this lap-top is making my lap REALLY warm.
Shine on y'all. *winky face*

1 comment:

Matthew said...

You still kickn' around these parts?