Sunday, December 27, 2009

Ignorant?

Some time ago I had a conversation with a friend, they are not a close friend by any stretch or even a good friend of mine, they are someone that I talk to on a not so regular basis. We were talking about church and this was something they said about the church as a whole...

"Church is a place where you go just to listen to the pastor try to force their beliefs down your throat..."

They went on to say..

"Church is just a place where people try to make you believe what they do, and think exactly the same way they think..."

This statement seemed ignorant and misinformed to me.
I find the church to be a place where I am encouraged to dig deep, to come to my own conclusions, my own beliefs and way of thinking.

But, maybe I am the ignorant one.

No comments: