Sunday, March 29, 2009

A tough moment.

I was very recently talking to a friend and they asked a... Well, a very random question. "If you could have one more moment with anyone in the world who would it be?" This was a tough thought to choke down, after my grandma only passed away 5 months ago. It got me thinking about what it would have been like if I could have had one more moment with my grandma. How many regrets would I not have right now? In one more moment I could apologize for not seeing her enough, because of my fears. I could thank her for waiting for me all the time. I could say good bye one more time. This question made me think, even though I have so many regrets about ways I was selfish towards my grandma, she knew I loved her, and I know she loved me. I just have to use these regrets as learning experiences. That way when I'm in a similar situation, I will learn from past mistakes.
I think we all need to use our past regrets as tools to learn. As hard as it may be some times, we just need to buck-up and not let our past mistakes happen again.

God Bless.

No comments: