Thursday, June 4, 2009

DAH!

As school begins to wrap up, and exams only being a week or so away. Summer begins to draw closer and closer, as does my time to leave home for 2 months. Today during lunch discussing fund raising for the summer it finally hit me. This is for real, this is happening now... DAH! Everything has been kicked into high gear. It hit me hard this evening while standing in line for ice-cream with my pops. My dog began to do her unsuccessful howl that makes me smile every time I hear it. I realized I'm going to be leaving my home, my family, my friends behind for 2 months. I am very excited, yet I'm slowly coming undone over it. I am very close to my family so it will be a challenge to leave. This is definitely a "sky dive" out of my comfort zone. This will be a big deal for me, but I'm confident I'll be able to pull it off. I'll be surrounded by good, caring friends. I'll hopefully be easily distracted from my feelings of discomfort. I'm looking forward to this summer, it will be a great learning experience for me. It will be a good time, but until then I just need to keep it together until my exams are done. Easier said than done.

Keep it real and shine on.

1 comment:

Michael Luedemann said...

I added you to my blog list; I hope you do not mind.

I just got back from my vacation today. Soon we leave to start our journey my friend; It will be good.

(Cue "In the Journey.")