Tuesday, June 16, 2009

People Change. How Strange.

It's kind of sad that I've only been done grade 12 for about 13 hours and I already don't know what to do with myself. I decided to read through some of my old blogs. I even deleted a couple because I didn’t really like what I said.
It’s weird how much a person can change over a year. I’ve noticed in myself I’ve slowly becoming more accepting towards people. I’ve noticed I have gained some wisdom, and knowledge. Even my beliefs have changed slightly. I have even noticed myself “slipping” in a few areas. I find myself expressing myself with “colourful” words. I’ve noticed I’m no longer bothered by a few words that leave my mouth, and others. I have also noticed that I am watching my mouth less and less; I say choice words that don’t really belong in public.
I’m not saying this is okay, it just caught my attention.
It definitely caught me tonight as I read my blogs. I have changed a lot, my beliefs, my social life, my thought patterns and the way I see things. Though I have slipped in a few areas I think I’ve improved in many. Change can be a bit scrappy at times, but it can also be a good thing. I think I have gone through some sketchy changes and some positive ones.
I will continue to change in many ways over this summer. I will have new experiences with God, friends, family and creation. Perhaps sometime later this year I will be doing the same thing I did tonight. Reading through all my blogs and seeing how much I’ve changed.

It will be a good summer, and I look forward to coming back from it with stories and reflections from everything I experienced.


Have a great summer and Shine on.

No comments: