Sunday, May 24, 2009

Can't always try follow the map.

So earlier this year I was really wanting to go to a huge convention called CHIC. It was what I was looking forward to the most for the summer. I had it all mapped out. Graduate, hit up camp, then off to CHIC I go, perfect plan. I was super excited. Then I found out that I wasn't going to be able to go, because I was the one who would have to pay the rest of my Springs tuition off. I was almost crushed. The worst part was I wasn't going to make it up to camp either. Then one evening I was told about the Camp Ministry team. All summer 3 different camps, and money. Sha-bam! Perfect right? I was already late on the application deadline, but it was extended. Yes! So I got my application in as fast as I could. About two or so weeks later, so today, was my interview. I got the job. WOW! I had a huge eye opener today. I had my summer all mapped out. I was excited to do all that. I had my perfect "grad summer" planned out. When the plan hit the fan (rhymes with Jigganaut) I was mad, not frustrated. I was straight up mad. However, my eyes were opened today to the fact that God may have different plans than we have. Not saying that CHIC wouldn't be a life changing experience, but who is to say I won't get to go in a couple years as a leader? Maybe God has that in a later plan.

I am beyond excited to spend the summer making good friendships, and growing deeper with the friends I already have. It's going to be a packed summer, but I do feel called to this experience. It will teach me lots. I'm hoping to come out of this summer, being changed.
Sometimes we all need a good eye opener. I another one today. Sometimes it's good to drop the maps and just go on an adventure.
"Enjoy life and take the Lord along for the ride."


Keep on ya'll.

1 comment:

Jordan said...

Be sure to have fun punk. :)
and I guess this means no eventual epic jam sessions this summer :'(