Monday, May 18, 2009

It's been a long day, it's been a good day.

Home from a long weekend, that flew by faster than I would have liked. As I look back on the weekend, all I have do is breathe a big sigh of satisfaction. The days were the perfect. They felt long until you are getting into bed wondering where the time went. They were days of laughter with good people, good conversation, and of reflection. They were days of feeling refreshed. Days full of great times with great people. Days that I will remember for a long time. I miss it already. I miss the good ol' circle of conversation, people telling stories, jokes and laughter. I miss the easy going pace of the days. It was nice to get away from all the stress. Only to return to the stress after 5 short days. But with a difference. The feeling of refreshment hasn't left. Throughout the weekend bitterness, feelings of resentment and the stubbornness to forgive left. In a way that was either so fast, or way to gradual for me to notice. I just felt my easy going character slowly start to come back. Or as I recently said to a friend, "I finally crawled back on to my floaty device that took me where the flow went. I'm not longer trying to fight the current. I'm no longer stressing over the little things. I'm finally back on my floaty device, lovin' the ride." Sounds like a ridiculous way of putting it eh? Well, that's because it is, but I must say, it feels real darn good.
The realization of this came when before falling asleep a name popped into my head, a name that usually is accompanied with hard feelings and bitterness. This time it was just the name, followed with the question. "gee, I wonder how they're doing lately."
I miss the times of joy, the times of silence, times of reflection and the times of interaction with lovable people. But those kinds of time won't stop there. Times like that will continue now that I am back home. The feeling of release is a good one too. The good times are great memories, but the refreshment is still a present feeling. For that I am grateful.

No comments: