Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Joy? How you doin'? It's been a while.

This week has, so far, been a very interesting week for me. Monday I came back from Jr. High Rise, a fantastic youth retreat with great memories. The ride home from Norquay was one filled with an abundance of laughter and thought provoking conversation. It was a lovely addition to the fantastic weekend. Tuesday was the dreaded back to school day. I was not looking forward to the hustle and bustle of school days. I was going to miss all my friends from different parts of the country. I was going to miss the great times we had. However, I was eager to get back to all my friends back home. To tell them stories, make them laugh and have some more great times with all my good friends in Winnipeg. I was not disappointed. My friends were, once again, there to listen to my ramblings of the weekend. I appreciated it, after all, I do love telling stories. One thing I've noticed since being back is a subtle change in me. For example, I have noticed I have been saying less negative things and replaced them with positive things. I do not know if anyone else has noticed, or if I am totally deceived, and I'm no different. I personally think I am improving though. I've even found myself smiling a lot more. Corny as it may sound, it feels real swell. I feel joy slowly slipping back into my life. I was definitely in a rough spot of bitterness for a while after being hurt by a once close friend. Crazy thing to me is, I have since talked to this friend during the week. This time with no feelings of anger, bitterness and with no gawky experiences. The conversations obviously aren't smooth flowing as they used to be, but I have found myself able to smile, and give it the "fat kid" chuckle in this persons presence which happens to be a big improvement for me. Forgiveness found its way into me again.
All in all, the joy I saw over the weekend has began to rub off on me. It's feeling good. Even though I can't get over how much I miss the times of joy I experience at the retreat, Joy is still working in me. Joy is still rubbing off on me from all my friend at home. I appreciate both "groups" of friends equally, and love the times of delight with them. It's good to have a feeling of good ol' cheer coming back into my life.

I appreciate all my friends, and the times of glee (love that word) I share with all them. Thank-you to ALL my friends.
Be well and shine on ya'll.

1 comment:

Michael Luedemann said...

I am blessed to be able to call you my friend, friend.