Friday, November 27, 2009

A New Challenge.

I recently received a letter; well it was through email but a letter nonetheless. It was a letter that, in a way, wrapped up my summer on the ministry team and also gave some suggestions from folks at camp and also fellow team members; the people that spent the whole summer with me, on somethings I could work. To read something that suggests what I could improve on has never been easy for me. I usually like to deny it or I just get pissy and start talking down about myself, even when I see it coming. Either way, it’s not healthy. This time while I read through the letter I made sure to keep my feelings and emotions in check. After finishing, I was neither in a state of denial or in a pissy mood. I took it positively, though it was still a tough realization; I was encouraged to work on the things mentioned. I see it as a chance to allow God to work in me and my life; something I have been slightly reluctant or hesitant to. I hope this is a maturing and a shaping time for me.

Shine on.

1 comment:

gavin said...

Onward Christian soldier....

I'm not really good at take criticism either. I take it really personally. But it's a growth area - you learn to take those things and not stew on them, but use them as guidance for how to continue to move forward as person who's seeking to be faithful to Jesus in the world.

You're a good dude. I mean that.

Let's kiss.