Monday, August 25, 2008

Self-esteem

Lately I've been thinking about self-esteem issues. I can honestly say I've rarely had problems with this. So I guess I find it weird when people have issues with this, but it's so normal for people to have issues with this.
The way I think is If we were made in the image of God, why shouldn't we respect ourselves? It's not like God did a special experiment one day, when He made someone. "let's try some of this...and a little bit of this.... Oh gross!". God made everyone in His image, so in that case everyone is special, and beautiful. One time I was standing in line at a 7/11, and a girl randomly complemented my outfit. She went on to say "I complement everyone, because everyone is beautiful in their own way". This one statement blew my mind. I find so much truth in it. I think that, if the creator of the whole universe, decided to create each one of us, we should give ourselves respect for that. God loves us beyond our imagination. Jesus died on the cross for us, if He's willing to do that, He must love us, and think we are priceless. So I guess what I'm tryin' to do here, is encourage people with issues like this to remember who made you, and if you're ever havin' problems repsecting yourself, just remember to God, you are beautiful and priceless, and never let anyone, or yourself, tell you otherwise.

No comments: