Sunday, August 24, 2008

Spirit is longing

Today during a church service out at birdshill park, we sang Cry In My Heart by Starfeild... Well not everyone sang. Just one person, but that is not the point here. The words in this song really struck a chord with me ( I think that's the saying).

There's a cry in my heart
For Your glory to fall
For Your presence tofill up my senses
There's a yearning again
A thirst for discipline
A hunger for things
that are deeper

Could You take me beyond?
Could You carry me through?
If I open my heart?
Could I go there with You?(For I've been here beforeBut I know there's still moreOh, Lord, I need to know You)

For what do I have
If I don't have You, Jesus?
What in this life
Could mean any more?
You are my rock
You are my glory
You are the lifter
Of my head
Lifter of this head.

I think there's a lot of truth in this song. One thing I was thinking, when I was listening to these words was, Our spirit is longing for a deeper relationship with God. But we may ignore it. We need to be willing to let God in to our hearts to do His work. God knocks, he doesn't barge in. I look back on times, when I've felt God knocking, and my spirit was crying out to me to let God in, but my mind was to hard, and my heart wasn't soft. I think so many times it's easy to miss the knocking, because of all the distractions in life. But we need to focus and listen for that knock and let God in, because He has something amazing in store for us.
I was thinking, how much could we do if we would just open our hearts to God? If we opened our hearts, God could show us a relationship deeper than anything we've ever known. He could use us, in ways we never imagined. We are all called to do something for God. It's up to us to listen to that knocking, and accept the call. I was reminded of something I once said. I never remember saying anything this smart in my whole life, but apparently I said "I honestly wouldn't care if drumming isn't in my future, as long as I have God I'm happy". I think so many times we try set out our own path. I know I've tried to many many times. But I'd like to think me saying that was a step towards submitting my life to God, and letting Him take control. I'd like to think, that it was a way of letting God use me, for what He wants me to do, not what I want to do.

I also though about the last part of the song.
"For what do I have if I don't have you Jesus? What in this life could mean anymore?"
So many times I have taken God, and my relationship with Him for granted. I think this was an eye opener, to the fact that if we didn't have God, life would be a heck of a lot harder. God is the one friend that never leaves nor foresakes us. So many times we put stuff infront of God. We need to relize that nothing means as much as God. He needs to be first in our lives. If we didn't have God...well to be blunt, we would be HOOPED! We need to relize that God is the most important thing we need, without Him we wouldn't even be alive.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this is so true man, we need to always push in for him! pride cant be an issue because when it is you stop pushing in and start to think you can do it on your own and it becomes so much harder to live life to the fullest. i love the verse matt 6 33 it says seek first the kingdom and the righteousness and all these things will be added. when i look at this verse i see my life "to do list" boiled down of course. but his righteousness when i see that i think how am i ever going to do that but really i don't have to because Jesus already made us righteous at the cross so check for that one. But "seek first his kingdom" is alittle tricky on your own, but with the holy spirit it is so much easier but it doesnt make the choices easier he just shows them to you for you to make and he will lead you. then the last part " and all these things will be added " is really cool and has been happening in my life. all these things is alot and anything you can think of god will cover when you seek him first. girl friend trouble? covered. friend trouble? covered. temptation? covered ( in the words of my boy creflo dollar lol) but anything you can think of God cares and will take care of it i guarantee you just need to believe and receive and that is a whole other blog lol.
thanks for the encouragement and words of wisdom j watt love you man cant wait to see you