Friday, August 1, 2008

Livin' in the good soil.

I was just thinking about my time at Teen Camp a couple weeks ago. I remember talking about the parable of the soils. There is 4 types of soil. the rocky, the thorns, the hard path, and finally the good soil. I've been trying to figure out Which one of these soils I fit into. We need to strive to live the life of the good soil. And not fall into any of the other soils. When I think about these soils I'm reminded of Revelation 3:16 " So because you are lukewarm and neither hot nor cold, I am about to spit you from my mouth". I think if we aren't living in the good soil we are lukewarm. We need to live with a passion for Christ. We need to relize that sitting in the "gray area" is not a good place to be. We can't just follow God sometimes, and other times ignore Him. We need to think, are we following Christ with a passion in our hearts, or are we just sitting in the gray area doing the right things sometimes, and others doing the total wrong thing. Now we can't be perfect, but that doesn't give us an excuse to go do wrong, and only do good when we feel like it. I think we all need to push ourselves to live in the good soil and not be lukewarm, but instead follow God with a passion burning in our hearts.

No comments: